20 Things You Need To Know About the New/Improved Connect CR Program! Open for Enrollment at 8am on September 3, 2013
Announcement: 20 Things You Need To Know About the New/Improved Connect CR Program! Open for Enrollment at 8am on September 3, 2013
Facilitators and Enrollment staff at schools, check this out!
Enrollment opened September 3 for the Fall 2013 Connect Credit Recovery Program. You can enroll students starting that day and read through the top 20 changes to know about below. Please pass this on to all staff who need to know and contact Ryan/MTDA with questions.
- New Entrance Counseling Forms: http://montanadigitalacademy.org/entrance-counseling-form
- New Calendar (we have semesters again): http://www.montanadigitalacademy.org/documents/calendars/1314HSCRCalendarforStudents.pdf
- All New Classes. Log into PLE and click Content then look for "2013 MTDA" titles at the top of "Local Content" in PLE.
- The courses now have a "Connect Students Start Here" and "Connect Facilitator and Parent Start Here" area in each. They have a welcome letter, getting started guide and a pacing guide.
- You will want to save (printers will want to print) the pacing guides for all your classes onto your local computer and familiarize yourself with the new classes there.
- No more CLPG for 2013...we'll use the Pacing Guides in the classes
- No more Faxing...students will need to use the dropbox for any written work. You will need to help them "upload" and then "submit" the work here.
- Coaches will grade/comment and return the work within 3 school days...example: a late Fridaysubmission or over the weekend = returned/graded by Wednesday.
- Students go into their own sections. The NEW Individual Student Sections will allow for better communication and feedback with coaches.
- New grading scales...look at the 3 new templates in the grading template area in PLE and in the Facilitator Guide. There is one for English 11/12 that is weighted heavily toward dropbox work, one for Algebra 1,2 and Geometry with no dropbox grade and the rest that has now bumped dropbox (formerly written work) to 15%. Also, notice...there will be no number to enter for offline work since it will all be pre-entered into the dropbox scores and everyone can see it!
- Coaches will get the notifications of new work handed in to dropbox. Please have students start using immediately.
- Students go into classes immediately upon enrollment. There is no 24 hour lag any longer.
- The Enrollment tab in Genius has "Affiliation" and "Coach Name" along with all your enrollments listed so you can easily query your list and confirm your enrollments are accurate in Genius.
- There is a new welcome email template coaches should use for all students in Genius.
- There is a system-imposed limit of one class enrollment per student in CR. Any facilitator needs to talk to Ryan/MTDA staff to discuss any override for this feature.
- We are still sticking to the 3 and 4 week offer of help/drop warning then 24 hours to drop system.
- Enrollment is open for Fall. The semester runs until midnight on January 17 and we'll have a 25%, 50% and 75% through the term warning going out from my office to help get kids (back) on pace.
- New tutorials have been posted here for facilitators: http://montanadigitalacademy.wikispaces.com/
- The student getting started guide is here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IgxEh2onAAWP6lwUIS4UtGhS1_7rlrr2JOYfe6Dcxro/edit?usp=sharing
- The facilitator getting started guide is here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t6k8gIBZtKjyyOtCY6HJMsaDcOzQfLOIyAJXskDZYpo/edit?usp=sharing
Big thanks to our coaches for all the work in getting these new classes up and all the input by our users like you to get us to this new program! Enrollment is open at 8am on the 3rd!
Guaranteed Placement Deadline Past for High School Original Credit
A reminder that we are past the deadline for guaranteed placement for high school original credit courses.
We will take enrollments for any course we have spots in until September 10th. No new sections will be opened as of today.
NEW FOR FALL 2013: We have a live, updated list of courses with open slots. That page is here: link.
Additionally, please note that students that are enrolled after the start day of the program, September 3rd, will be expected to catch up to pace ASAP. Based on our past internal research, students that are enrolled after the start day of courses have much lower success rates. Please consider getting all your remaining enrollments in the system today.
2013-2014 MLS Information Posted
Attention schools: The 2013-2014 information sheet on the MLS program has been posted. See that information page here: link.
Reminder: Deadline for Summer 2013 Original Credit enrollment is June 4
A reminder that June 4th is the final, firm deadline for enrollment in Summer 2013 original credit courses. Information on the summer program is available in the Summer 2013 program guide on the right hand side of this page.
MTDA Connect Summer Announcement
The following message was sent out to all primary contacts on March 13, 2013:
Subject: MTDA Connect CR Transition Details/Summer School 2013 - Response Required by April 1, 2013
Hello Site Facilitators,
If you receive this you are listed in our database as the primary contact for your school. If there is another person charged with planning your summer school credit recovery program, please pass this on to them and send their contact information to me. If your school doesn't plan to use summer school Connect Credit Recovery, you should know that your current Fall/Spring students will be expected to complete their work by May 24, 2013 and will be either completed with a grade if all work is in or dropped on that date unless you respond to the request below.
Planning for Successful Summer School Using MTDA Connect Credit Recovery - Due to an increase in students, and the lack of success by non-facilitated summer students last year, we must clean up enrollments at the end of the Spring term. Please tell us where your school fits in the 2 options below.
OPTION 1: You will not have a summer school facilitated online Credit Recovery Program and the final date of access to curriculum for your students will be May 24, 2013. You will have all students either completed with all their CLPG work as listed here including post tests and written work at 70% or better and all modules done:(http://montanadigitalacademy.org/course-learning-path-guides-for-mtda-connect) OR they will be dropped with no grade.
OPTION 2: You will have a facilitated summer Credit Recovery Program using MTDA Connect Credit Recovery for new and/or continuing students from the regular school year.
Definition: A facilitated program enrolls and passes on log in, entrance counseling and orientation information, provides a local contact for students who checks in regularly on their progress, provides a conduit of communication to MTDA, assists in submitting written work effectively as needed and provides a proctor for post tests who will unlock tests and monitor the students. A facilitated program also intervenes when students show that they may need additional help on the curriculum locally to provide additional resources and/or coordinate assistance with MTDA coaches.
In order to participate, you must provide the information requested in the form below and all students at your school who are not participating in the summer program will need to be completed or dropped by May 24 or a specified summer date in that document. Students may continue where they are in the curriculum during the summer term without losing work if they are in your facilitated Summer School Program.
Response Needed ASAP - Summer School 2013 Usage Survey - MTDA Connect Credit Recovery Program
Note: please fill out a separate survey for each school you are answering for.
To complete the survey, go here: link.
In order to help us plan for demand this summer, we need to strategically schedule (especially our large-scale summer school users) in the coming weeks. We need to have this information as soon as possible so that we have time to discuss things with you to plan and coordinate access to our Connect program for the summer at your school.
Thank you and let me know if I can assist you in any way or help clarify anything,